A recent article in University Business focused on some of the ways colleges are finding new revenue. A sampling from the article includes:
- For some, summer school is a way to take advantage of unused campus facilities, especially if the campus is located in an area that is attractive to summer vacation visitors.
- Increasing involvement on high school campuses.
- Moving online though that will be an increasingly competitive market. Many schools also are not aware of the regulatory requirements outside their state and are forced to balance the need for a multi-state strategy to hit economies of scale online with the overhead of additional state reporting requirements.
- Adding to their continuing education offering.
- Competency-based education (CBE) programs came up a few times.